2010-2011 AT&T NC Teacher of the Year Team

From Left to Right: Vann Lassiter (Northeast Region) • RenĂ© Herrick (North Central Region) • Courtney Davis (Piedmont-Triad/Central Region) • Amber Alford Watkins (Sandhills/South Central Region) • Joy Jenkins (Northwest Region) • Dorothy Case (West Region) • Jennifer Facciolini (Southeast Region) • David Dahari (Southwest Region) • Stuart Miles (Charter Schools) For more information on any team member or on the AT&T North Carolina Teacher of the Year Program, please click the photograph below.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Week of January 10 - The Snow Week!

Let is Snow....oh wait, that will mess up exams and we will be here on Spring Break! All the snow days we secretly prayed for when we could not see above the stack of to-be-graded papers on our desks, came when we really wanted to go to school! But that is okay, because we all know that flexibility is one of the most important traits teachers must posses. We will rearrange review days, exam schedules and prepare for the start of a new semester. My events for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were canceled due to inclement weather. Although I hated to miss those events, I was thrilled to have some at time home with my family. Wednesday was Andrew's 10th Birthday and having the whole day at home was fabulous!

On Thursday and Friday, I traveled to RTP to meet with the NCCAT Executive Director Search Committee to interview some remarkable and accomplished folks. Wow! What impressive educators! I have said it before and I will say it again, I am thrilled to be apart of this committee and I am learning so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment