2010-2011 AT&T NC Teacher of the Year Team

From Left to Right: Vann Lassiter (Northeast Region) • RenĂ© Herrick (North Central Region) • Courtney Davis (Piedmont-Triad/Central Region) • Amber Alford Watkins (Sandhills/South Central Region) • Joy Jenkins (Northwest Region) • Dorothy Case (West Region) • Jennifer Facciolini (Southeast Region) • David Dahari (Southwest Region) • Stuart Miles (Charter Schools) For more information on any team member or on the AT&T North Carolina Teacher of the Year Program, please click the photograph below.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Beautiful Biltmore at Christmas


On Tuesday, December 21, I had the opportunity to visit the historic Biltmore Estate with my friend and colleague Angie Core (and yes she is my Aunt too) and her daughter Maria. What a treat! When we arrived at the Biltmore Estate, I was greeted by Kat Bartlett who had arranged our visit! She made our visit so wonderful! I was given a beautiful bag filled with Biltmore goodies including an autographed book by Bill Cecil, Jr. Wow! We spent the afternoon "oohing" and "ahhing" over all of the beauty of Biltmore at Christmas! I would attempt to describe the details, but I fear my words would not do justice! To my friends at Biltmore, thank you for opening your doors to us and allowing us to take a step away from the chaos of the Holidays and to enjoy the tranquility of this magnificent estate.

Ms. Bartlett, thank you for such an amazing afternoon! If you have never had the opportunity to visit Biltmore Estate, I encourage you to do so! Photographs from website and stories from others pale in comparison to the glory of the actual home!

photo: www.biltmore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment