2010-2011 AT&T NC Teacher of the Year Team

From Left to Right: Vann Lassiter (Northeast Region) • RenĂ© Herrick (North Central Region) • Courtney Davis (Piedmont-Triad/Central Region) • Amber Alford Watkins (Sandhills/South Central Region) • Joy Jenkins (Northwest Region) • Dorothy Case (West Region) • Jennifer Facciolini (Southeast Region) • David Dahari (Southwest Region) • Stuart Miles (Charter Schools) For more information on any team member or on the AT&T North Carolina Teacher of the Year Program, please click the photograph below.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Week of December 20

I can hardly believe we are nearing the end of December. Where does the time go? Although this was a "short" work week, it was a busy and fun-filled one!

On Monday I participated in a meeting in Raleigh. There are so many aspects of this role that I truly love and the opportunity to talk with some of the most knowledgeable advocates for public education is one of the highlights! After the meeting, I travel to Asheville once again and this time without a flat tire! Brandon Patterson, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Development at NCDPI was on the road to Weldon City Schools to announce the Region 3 Teacher of the Year. Congratulations to Ferdinand Cooper, a music/band teacher at Weldon STEM High School. I am so excited for you and I look forward to meeting you!

OnTuesday morning, I joined Buncombe Early College Students and staff in a surprise announcement for Mr. Eric Grant. As Mr. Grant entered the room, all of the students shouted, "Congratulations Region 8 Teacher of the Year!" I enjoyed meeting Eric and his wonderful family! If you ever have the opportunity to visit Asheville, I encourage you to do so!

After my fun morning with Buncombe Early College, I then went to visit the beautiful Biltmore Estate. I had visited earlier in October, but to see the historical home at Christmas was truly breathtaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment