2010-2011 AT&T NC Teacher of the Year Team

From Left to Right: Vann Lassiter (Northeast Region) • RenĂ© Herrick (North Central Region) • Courtney Davis (Piedmont-Triad/Central Region) • Amber Alford Watkins (Sandhills/South Central Region) • Joy Jenkins (Northwest Region) • Dorothy Case (West Region) • Jennifer Facciolini (Southeast Region) • David Dahari (Southwest Region) • Stuart Miles (Charter Schools) For more information on any team member or on the AT&T North Carolina Teacher of the Year Program, please click the photograph below.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week of April 18

For many of you guys sometime soon marks Spring Break! Whoo! Hoo!
On Monday, I worked in my office and began working some research regarding teacher effectiveness. I am such an education nerd!
On Tuesday, I felt like I was on the Amazing Race as I tried to get everything finalized for my travels to China. Five hours later than anticipated, I jumped in the car and drove to Cullowhee. It does not matter how stressed I am, driving across our beautiful state certainly gives me a chance to think, reflect and unwind. Though it is a long drive "up the mountain", it is truly a beautiful one.
I arrived at NCCAT and spent a couple of hours talking with Jan King about her new role. I will miss spending time with her next year!
On Wednesday morning, I had the amazing opportunity to work with Will and Deni McIntyre. They are truly the dynamic duo. We were working on a video about NCCAT. For me, it is always an honor to talk about the difference NCCAT makes for our teachers and in turn for our students. After hair and make-up by Natalie (she is so awesome!) I found myself in the bright lights with a real marker clapping in my face and the sound of "take one". It was so cool!
Thanks to NCCAT and Will and Deni for allowing me to be apart of this video!

Thursday morning was spent in the office and then it was time for our school's prom. I really enjoyed the opportunity to eat dinner with some of my favorite teachers and friends at Midway High. Prom is always so much fun! I love to see my students all dressed up!



On Friday, I enjoyed a day at home (finally!) with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment