2010-2011 AT&T NC Teacher of the Year Team

From Left to Right: Vann Lassiter (Northeast Region) • RenĂ© Herrick (North Central Region) • Courtney Davis (Piedmont-Triad/Central Region) • Amber Alford Watkins (Sandhills/South Central Region) • Joy Jenkins (Northwest Region) • Dorothy Case (West Region) • Jennifer Facciolini (Southeast Region) • David Dahari (Southwest Region) • Stuart Miles (Charter Schools) For more information on any team member or on the AT&T North Carolina Teacher of the Year Program, please click the photograph below.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Week of November 22


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

For many of us, this has been a "short" work week! I hope each of you had a wonderful and relaxing time with your family and friends over Thanksgiving.

On Monday evening, I enjoyed speaking with the NC State Teaching Fellows! This was one of the largest Teaching Fellows groups I had the opportunity to meet with so far! Mr. Michael Clinkscales does an excellent job with this group of future teachers. After a great seminar and some wonderful questions by the group, we had a very yummy dinner. Mr. Clinkscales and I sat with some freshman Fellows and they were very impressive!

There are so many negative stories that exist about education. I sincerely think that we are not looking at the big picture however. Yes, we have some issues, but what profession does not? For those who only focus on the negative in education, I invite you to travel with me anytime this year. I have encountered some amazing teachers and some very promising future teachers. It is a great time in education! If you don't believe me, come see for yourself!

Everyone knows how much I have missed the classroom this year and on Tuesday, I spent the morning at Midway HIgh School observing some teachers. It was great to be back in a classroom setting and to see some great teachers in action!

We all know that Thanksgiving marks the beginning of Holiday madness. Remember to slow down and enjoy the beauty around you! Be sure to leave the chaos at the mall and enjoy a relaxing time at home with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment