2010-2011 AT&T NC Teacher of the Year Team

From Left to Right: Vann Lassiter (Northeast Region) • RenĂ© Herrick (North Central Region) • Courtney Davis (Piedmont-Triad/Central Region) • Amber Alford Watkins (Sandhills/South Central Region) • Joy Jenkins (Northwest Region) • Dorothy Case (West Region) • Jennifer Facciolini (Southeast Region) • David Dahari (Southwest Region) • Stuart Miles (Charter Schools) For more information on any team member or on the AT&T North Carolina Teacher of the Year Program, please click the photograph below.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Week of November 15



On The Road Again could be my theme song over the past few weeks. I put over 1000 miles on the car in three days! Whew!

On Monday, I visited Appalachian State University in Boone. The Teaching Fellows group here was great! I loved the energy, excitement, and knowledge they had....even for a chilly, rainy Monday night. They asked great questions and were very engaged during our seminar. Thanks for having me attend guys! You will be such an impressive group when you graduate! Keep up the good work! A few ladies stayed after and talked about the difficult week they just had. Hang in there ladies. It does get better and all of your hard work will pay off when you are in your own classroom!

On Tuesday, I drove back home to Sampson County to speak to our Chamber of Commerce Adult Leadership group. This is a group of local business folks and educators who spend the year learning about our schools and local businesses and how we can work together for our future!

On Tuesday evening I traveled to Raleigh for our weekly NC EPFP meeting. This week our speaker was John Dornan, Executive Director of the NC Public Schools Forum. As I have stated before, I could listen to him speak all day! He is so knowledgeable and his passion for education is truly inspiring.

On Wednesday I traveled to Murfreesboro to spend the morning at Chowan University. It was a day to celebrate teaching and four local high schools had Teacher Cadet classes attend. The college students working on the program were truly dedicated, professional, and very energetic. I enjoyed spending the morning with these students! The Northeast and Southeast parts of NC often struggle with the recruitment of teachers. Having days like this day at Chowan will hopefully help as areas like this continue to grown their own future teachers. I had a great time with this group!

I spent Thursday and Friday in the office filing papers and working on future presentations! What a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment