2010-2011 AT&T NC Teacher of the Year Team

From Left to Right: Vann Lassiter (Northeast Region) • RenĂ© Herrick (North Central Region) • Courtney Davis (Piedmont-Triad/Central Region) • Amber Alford Watkins (Sandhills/South Central Region) • Joy Jenkins (Northwest Region) • Dorothy Case (West Region) • Jennifer Facciolini (Southeast Region) • David Dahari (Southwest Region) • Stuart Miles (Charter Schools) For more information on any team member or on the AT&T North Carolina Teacher of the Year Program, please click the photograph below.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Boys of Fall

Friday nights this time of year mean only one thing....Friday night football!! I don't know about you, but around here, we wait all week for the game on Friday night and stay up late to see if we made it on "Football Friday." As I left the game last night, I could not help but remember the "good old days" of high school. Our team proudly wore their blue and white uniforms to school on Friday and we could hardly wait to cheer on the sidelines. Although there is no way under the sun you will catch me in my old cheerleading uniform, you will hear me cheering just as loudly from the stands.

When I first heard Kenny Chesney's latest, "The Boys of Fall" I could not help but smile. The crisp autumn air, the roar of the crowd and the hellos from old friends make this a perfect time of year. So to my old friends who once carried cleats and wore helmets, enjoy the memories. To my current students who proudly suit up each Friday night, be a solid team! To our future stars, work hard and keep your dreams in sight. To all of my friends who live for a high school football, enjoy the boys of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment