2010-2011 AT&T NC Teacher of the Year Team

From Left to Right: Vann Lassiter (Northeast Region) • RenĂ© Herrick (North Central Region) • Courtney Davis (Piedmont-Triad/Central Region) • Amber Alford Watkins (Sandhills/South Central Region) • Joy Jenkins (Northwest Region) • Dorothy Case (West Region) • Jennifer Facciolini (Southeast Region) • David Dahari (Southwest Region) • Stuart Miles (Charter Schools) For more information on any team member or on the AT&T North Carolina Teacher of the Year Program, please click the photograph below.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week of August 9

What an exciting week! I spent Monday with the Beginning Teachers in Alamance/Burlington Schools and Tuesday with the BTs of my home county, Sampson. Beginning Teachers have an indescribable excitement that is as contagious as a smile! What energy they bring to our profession! It is my hope that we veteran teachers help to support these new carriers of this unbridled passion! We want them to have as much energy and enthusiasm at year 15 as they do now!

On Wednesday, I was in Raleigh at my first NC Public Schools Forum meetings. I am fortunate to be part of a study group that is looking at quality teacher recruitment and retention. We spent time looking at our system of leadership in schools and the impact of leadership on quality teaching. I am excited to be a part of this dedicated group of professionals invested in the improvement of the public schools of North Carolina.

If you have questions, comments or suggestions regarding quality teacher recruitment and retention, please email me or comment below! I would love your input!

As we prepare for the return of teachers to school next week, I challenge each of you to remember the idealism and passion for teaching that you held in your first year of teaching. We are in a profession with enormous impact! Keep the spark!

No comments:

Post a Comment