2010-2011 AT&T NC Teacher of the Year Team

From Left to Right: Vann Lassiter (Northeast Region) • RenĂ© Herrick (North Central Region) • Courtney Davis (Piedmont-Triad/Central Region) • Amber Alford Watkins (Sandhills/South Central Region) • Joy Jenkins (Northwest Region) • Dorothy Case (West Region) • Jennifer Facciolini (Southeast Region) • David Dahari (Southwest Region) • Stuart Miles (Charter Schools) For more information on any team member or on the AT&T North Carolina Teacher of the Year Program, please click the photograph below.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

State Board of Education


You know that feeling you have the night before school starts? Your mind is racing, butterflies flutter in your tummy,and you ask yourself a hundred times...did I do this? Did I check on that? Well that, my friends, was the same feeling I had on the night before my first "official" North Carolina State Board of Education Meeting. What an amazing opportunity! Jessica Garner, 2009-2010 NC Teacher of the Year, said one of the best parts of this experience is truly seeing the big picture of education. So true. I will strive to do my best to represent the voice of educators in my new role. I encourage you to email me with your thoughts, comments, questions and suggestions. Highlights from each month's NC Board of Education meeting can be accessed through the link to the right.

In addition to meeting each of the very dedicated members of the State Board of Education, I also met with my new partner in crime, Jan King. Jan was named the 2010-2011 Wachovia NC Principal of the Year. She is amazing and so inspiring! What a fortunate school Glenn Marlow Elementary is to have her as its fearless leader! I am looking forward to working with her this year.

I learned so much and I am ready to embrace the challenges of this new role!

No comments:

Post a Comment