2010-2011 AT&T NC Teacher of the Year Team

From Left to Right: Vann Lassiter (Northeast Region) • RenĂ© Herrick (North Central Region) • Courtney Davis (Piedmont-Triad/Central Region) • Amber Alford Watkins (Sandhills/South Central Region) • Joy Jenkins (Northwest Region) • Dorothy Case (West Region) • Jennifer Facciolini (Southeast Region) • David Dahari (Southwest Region) • Stuart Miles (Charter Schools) For more information on any team member or on the AT&T North Carolina Teacher of the Year Program, please click the photograph below.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

There's No Place Like Home!



May was a very busy month in Sampson County! I am so thankful to live and work in such a wonderfully supportive community. My hometown has been so amazing! I have received so many thoughtful notes and encouraging words over the past few months and for that I am truly thankful. I have also been honored in such kind ways. Our local Board of Education along with Sampson County Schools honored me in May and presented a beautiful plaque and a new laptop! Local businesses also donated some fabulous gifts such as luggage, stationary, and a family portrait session. I thought I knew as a child what a great place Sampson County was, but only in my adult life and after returning back home can I truly grasp the warm hospitality and graciousness of the people of Sampson County. You are all such giving people and I am glad to call you my friends and my family. When we decided to move back home in 2006, you welcomed us as though we never left. Dorothy says it best....."There's no place like home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment